NOW HIRING: The Athens County Sheriff’s Office is currently seeking applicants for School Resource Officer (SRO). Applications will be accepted from Wednesday, July 27, 2022, through Friday, August 5, 2022.
JOB SUMMARY: School Resource Officers are full-time OPOTA certified deputies specifically assigned to school districts within Athens County, providing a visible, active law enforcement deputy on campus. School Resource Officers provide classroom resources to teachers, parents, and students regarding law-related education, safety programs, alcohol and drug prevention, and crime prevention. School Resource Officers also work with school faculty members to address issues within the school community.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• To enforce criminal law and protect the students, staff, and public at large against criminal activity.
• Foster mutually respectful relationships with students and staff to support a positive school climate.
• Provide information concerning questions about law enforcement topics to students and staff.
• Provide classroom instruction on a variety of topics including, but not limited to, safety, public relations, occupational training, leadership, and life skills.
• Coordinate investigative procedures between police and school administrators.
• Handle initial police reports of violent crimes committed on campus.
• Take enforcement action on criminal matters on school property or related to school activities and consult with school administrators on such matters.
• Attend school special events as needed.
JOB TYPE: Full-time; Non-Union position; Reoccurring 2-year contract with the school district.
STARTING SALARY: $19.07-22.47/hour, experience considered, includes full-time benefit package.
FULL-TIME BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES: Ohio Public Employees Retirement System; Deferred Compensation Retirement Plans; Employee Assistance Program; Vacation, Compensatory Time, and Personal Days accrual; Paid sick leave; Paid training.
Position is considered full-time; School Resource Officers work 40-hours per week during the academic school year. Summers assigned as needed within the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.
Must be OPOTA Certified; pass a criminal history, physical agility, and medical screening.
Applications may be obtained by contacting Brynne Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at:
Athens County Sheriff’s Office.
13 W. Washington Street
Athens, Ohio 45701